Tuesday, May 13, 2008

and the trap snaps shut.

well, that was the most interesting day in a while. not only did i aquire a new backpack, but i learned a little more about how people work, i realized some things about myself, and a little peice of metal sliced its way through the car tire and caused a flat. we pulled over, expecting a tree to fall on us or lightning to strike with the luck we've had in that car... and it only figures that all cell phone reception was momentarily out of whak. i ran halfway down the block trying to get those damned bars (which reminds me of those commercials now that i think about it. i should've looked around for some trees or i dunno people who were lined up from tallest to shortest), to no avail. i ran up the steps to the nearest house and rang the door bell. this old man answers the door and i tell him our how our car got a flat and how we have no cell phone reception and he looks around and he's like "hold on a moment and i'll go and fetch my cell phone." yeah. but for some reason, his worked and i got a hold of my mom's work at the exact time that ron got a hold of my mom on his cell. figures. so, with mom whipering words of wisdom, he proceeded to start to change the tire. me and courtney both realized at the same moment that all we could possibly do is get in the way of his progress- so we went on a walk. around the block, up to patrick and back. we talked a lot, and now i feel kind of bad about all that i know... when we got back ron was still working, but the guy that had lent me his phone had come out and helped, and sam was reading the handy dandy instruction manual on "how to change a tire." together they finished in in a matter of moments. moments from when my mom drove up that is. we stuffed all our junk in the car (and van. you have noticably less room when there's a tire in your truck) and drove back home, gripping the seats for dear life. that was our second "adventure" in that 2000 malibu's short time with us, the first being a lovely trip over an ice hill when the car lost control of the gas gage and steering. definatly the most excitment it awhile. anyone got anything to top that on the list of "we have no luck at all" moments?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My entire life is one of those "no luck at all moments."

.m..a..d..d..y. said...

yeah... just think of all my nightly musings. mostly everything there

[welcome.]

navigating around the school hallways and seeing the people walk by, i look into their faces. i notice their hair color, whether they wear glasses, what color eyes they have, who they walk with... its corny, but i try to look past all of that, too. once and awhile its nice for someone as shy as me to pass another person in the hall, a complete stranger no less, who dares to make eye contact and sends my heart into flutters. i can't help thinking, "that person saw me." but its not really the act of "seeing" itself, its more the act of "searching," that means most to me. i feel lost. i feel disposable; a picture frame that gets a scratch across the glass and is thrown away, just to be replaced. i don't really have a problem with that, i don't feel like i need to be pitied or ... that i need to seek attention. its the replacement that bothers me. i want to offer something that no one else can, i just haven't found that thing yet. this is just the ramblings of a high school no one who likes to watch rather then do. i like to think of myself as rather quiet, yet excitable and fun to be around. but there's always that underlying feeling of unease and awkwardness, that i've only been able to overcome a few times in my life. i don't want to change who i am. i don't want others to pretend to see in me what they don't. i want people to see the bad side of me, and spend the time searching for the good. i look for the best in others, and often times face the flaws in myself. welcome to my public diary...