Saturday, January 26, 2008

i saw david bowie in the window

i'm dead tired after my day at inspiration hills, but i love my friends and wish to keep them undated. first off...

brandi
...kinda speaks for itself right? lets face it, siblings can be a nightmare. take last week for example. it was the night after it had started snowing again, so even though my mom and brother had shoveled that morning, there was already and nice little layer of powder on the ground. i told mom that me and brandi would shovel ('cause that's the wonderful little daughter that i am). me and my sister were home alone and after we finished eating, we began piling on the layers for the task ahead. devil-child decides that she doesn't want to wear boots, but instead her big clunky high- heeled ... i don't even know what to call them. so i told her that she needed to wear actual boots, and of course she decided that she didn't want to. i didn't feel like arguing, so i just said fine, i'll shovel by myself. i walked out of the house shutting the door behind me. after getting about 1/8 done with the driveway, i hear the door slam and brandi say, "um, lissa? we're locked out." now if you haven't guessed, it's fuggin freazing outside! we had to finish the driveway then waddle like retarded penguins over to my neighbors house where we phoned my mom. thank heaven they're not creepy people.... well...

inspiration hills
i had a lot of fun so far this weekend. i got back to sioux falls about... 4:52 hours ago. like i said, i am so tired. we left for the retreat at about 6:45 friday night and got there about 7:50. it's a pretty awesome place, completely beautiful in the winter. i wish i had a camera. if you didn't know this, i was asked to bring my guitar and of course that ment playing infront of my confermation-mates. when my youth director called me up, everyone seemed surprised, like "what the hell is she doing?" except not quite that, it was a church group after all. this whole weekend basically consisted of talking, playing guitar, listeing to a drama game that involved a lot of screaming, singing, praying and playing with fire. all in all, it was pretty great.

also, if anyone was wondering about the title, it has a point. we got to inspiration hills by school bus, and there was frost on the window, but it had started to melt in patches. i caught a glimpse of the window across from me in a streetlight and i swear i saw david bowie (more ziggy stardust) in the window. here's kinda what it looked like:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol I lurvve David Bowie lol!

[welcome.]

navigating around the school hallways and seeing the people walk by, i look into their faces. i notice their hair color, whether they wear glasses, what color eyes they have, who they walk with... its corny, but i try to look past all of that, too. once and awhile its nice for someone as shy as me to pass another person in the hall, a complete stranger no less, who dares to make eye contact and sends my heart into flutters. i can't help thinking, "that person saw me." but its not really the act of "seeing" itself, its more the act of "searching," that means most to me. i feel lost. i feel disposable; a picture frame that gets a scratch across the glass and is thrown away, just to be replaced. i don't really have a problem with that, i don't feel like i need to be pitied or ... that i need to seek attention. its the replacement that bothers me. i want to offer something that no one else can, i just haven't found that thing yet. this is just the ramblings of a high school no one who likes to watch rather then do. i like to think of myself as rather quiet, yet excitable and fun to be around. but there's always that underlying feeling of unease and awkwardness, that i've only been able to overcome a few times in my life. i don't want to change who i am. i don't want others to pretend to see in me what they don't. i want people to see the bad side of me, and spend the time searching for the good. i look for the best in others, and often times face the flaws in myself. welcome to my public diary...